Because the lordships of Baarsdorp and Sinoutskerke have shared the same owners since the fourteenth century, they were usually referred to as the lordship of Sinoutskerke and Baarsdorp.On the oldest stone scroll of the Bewesten Schelde government of about 1510 'Synoutskercke ende Baersdorp' is mentioned as one lordship.
Nevertheless, the lordships have always had separate courts and administrations. Baarsdorp and Sinoutskerke therefore had their own bailiffs and aldermen and were separate legal entities.
The coat of arms of the lordship of Baarsdorp is described as "“ in sable a fess of silver, over everything a saltire of gules ".
Originally this was the coat of arms of the noble van Baersdorp family, a branch of the Borssele family. The coat of arms of the van Borssele family can also be retraced in van Baersdorp's coat of arms. After the lineage of van Baersdorp was extinct, the weapon remained in use as the arms of the lordship of Baarsdorp.
On 31 July 1817 the coat of arms were confirmed by the dutch High Council of Nobility for the municipality of Sinoutskerke and Baarsdorp, which was dissolved in 1816. Of the lordship of Sinoutskerke no arms have been found in any old description, and it is assumed that she never had a weapon.
Coat of arms of a lordship are not a a family coat of arms. In the past it sometimes occurred that a family coat of arms later became the arms of a lordship, as in the case of Baarsdorp. In the Netherlands, it is customary that owners of lordships add a heart containing the arms of the lordship to their coat of arms. In the event of the loss or sale of a lordship, such a shield is to be removed again.